Defense team to begin in Blago retrial
May 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rod Blagojevich's corruption retrial resumes Monday, and his defense team will get its first shot at trying to knock holes in the case prosecutors have begun to construct against the ousted Illinois governor.
Defense attorneys will cross-examine one of the government's star witnesses, former Blagojevich Chief-of-Staff John Harris, who will testify about allegations Blagojevich sought to exchange an appointment to Pres. Barack Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat for campaign cash or a top job.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie apartment residents 9 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 19 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
2 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie...
9 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
3 min ago