Defense team to begin in Blago retrial
May 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rod Blagojevich's corruption retrial resumes Monday, and his defense team will get its first shot at trying to knock holes in the case prosecutors have begun to construct against the ousted Illinois governor.
Defense attorneys will cross-examine one of the government's star witnesses, former Blagojevich Chief-of-Staff John Harris, who will testify about allegations Blagojevich sought to exchange an appointment to Pres. Barack Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat for campaign cash or a top job.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos