Defense team to begin in Blago retrial
May 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rod Blagojevich's corruption retrial resumes Monday, and his defense team will get its first shot at trying to knock holes in the case prosecutors have begun to construct against the ousted Illinois governor.
Defense attorneys will cross-examine one of the government's star witnesses, former Blagojevich Chief-of-Staff John Harris, who will testify about allegations Blagojevich sought to exchange an appointment to Pres. Barack Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat for campaign cash or a top job.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 9 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All