Brizard meets with Chicago Teachers Union leader
May 0, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor-elect Ram Emanuel's pick as the new CEO of the Chicago Public Schools met with Karen Lewis, the head of the teachers' union Monday.
Jean-Claude Brizard is also facing questions from his previous job as school chief in Rochester, New York. A federal agency said Brizard violated the U.S. civil rights act when he fired a school board employee. That person has filed a federal lawsuit against him. Brizard has denied the allegations.
A spokesperson for Emanuel said there were no specific requests made by either side during Monday's meeting between Brizard and Lewis. They reportedly exchange ideas and thoughts regarding a number of issues.
jean-claude brizard, local
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 53 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 13 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Several injured in Racine pile-up 59 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 49 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
53 min ago
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
59 min ago
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
49 min ago