CFD: No injuries in fire at asphalt company
May 17, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A fire destroyed a storage facility at a company on the West Side Tuesday afternoon.
The fire broke out at the Gardner and Gibson plant at about 12:30 p.m. The company manufactures roofing materials.
Extra firefighters were called to the scene due to some water issues and the nature of the product manufactured there.
Most of what caught fire were empty plastic pallets.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 31 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
9 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
44 min ago