Board approves Brizard as CPS CEO, salary revealed
May 25, 2011 (WLS) -- The Chicago Board of Education has approved Jean-Claude Brizard as the new CEO of Chicago Public Schools.
It was also revealed Wednesday that his salary will be $250,000.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced Brizard as his choice to run CPS in April. Emanuel called him ''an experienced educator and a proven manager.''
Brizard, 47, served as the superintendent of public schools in Rochester, New York, for three years and worked as at teacher and administrator in New York City public schools for 20 years.
chicago public schools, jean-claude brizard, local
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 7 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 27 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 11 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds