Board approves Brizard as CPS CEO, salary revealed
May 25, 2011 (WLS) -- The Chicago Board of Education has approved Jean-Claude Brizard as the new CEO of Chicago Public Schools.
It was also revealed Wednesday that his salary will be $250,000.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced Brizard as his choice to run CPS in April. Emanuel called him ''an experienced educator and a proven manager.''
Brizard, 47, served as the superintendent of public schools in Rochester, New York, for three years and worked as at teacher and administrator in New York City public schools for 20 years.
chicago public schools, jean-claude brizard, local
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 12 min ago
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 43 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault 10 min ago
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need 13 min ago
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole 45 min ago
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area