Car runs into South Side carnival ride
June 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Authorities have reopened the 119th Street exit ramp from outbound Interstate 57 Wednesday after a vehicle hit a carnival ride nearby, forcing crews to close the ramp temporarily.
According to ABC7 traffic anchor Roz Varon, the SUV apparently was exiting southbound I-57 when it hit the ride on the frontage road, which is Marshfield. The cause of the crash has not been determined.
Some debris fell on top of the SUV upon impact.
Although the crash which was initially reported as a pin-in collision, Fire Department Media Affairs spokesman Richard Rosado says crews found no one pinned in, but did transport one person from the crash to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious-to-critical condition.
Several emergency crews and paramedics were on the scene as it appeared the clean-up efforts could take a while.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
local, roz varon
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 40 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court 11 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected 34 min ago
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills 31 min ago
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting 24 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays 7 min ago
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
40 min ago