10-mile backup on eastbound I-55 near Lemont Road
June 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two semis were involved in a crash on I-55 that caused a 10-mile backup during the Monday afternoon rush.
Police said traffic on the Stevenson (I-55) Expressway was moving at an average speed of 7 mph around 4:45 p.m. Monday due to the accident near Lemont Road, which is blocking all lanes. Emergency crews were using the shoulder to get by.
Illinois State Police said the two truck drivers involved in the crash refused medical treatment.
No other details about the crash were available late Monday.
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st rush hour test
- School closings march planned to protest CPS consolidations
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls 49 min ago
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board 38 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos