Blagojevich jurors send note to judge
June 14, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On their third day of deliberations, jurors in the corruption retrial of former governor Rod Blagojevich sent a note to Judge James Zagel.
They gave no hint as to whether or not they're close to a verdict.
The note involved a technical issue with the jurors' binders. They were reviewing a November 14, 2008 phone conversation that was secretly recorded by the FBI when it was discovered some jurors had four extra pages in the transcript, a part of the call that had not been played in court, in which Blagojevich and his brother, Robert Blagojevich, discussed fundraising efforts by supporters of Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior.
Judge Zagel called the issue "insignificant" and said those extra pages would be removed from the jurors' binders.
The jurors quit reading when they realized the discrepancy and went home for the day at 4 p.m., as planned. They will return Wednesday morning at 9.
Eleven women and one man will decide Blagojevich's fate.
Blagojevich faces 20 counts in this second corruption trial, including allegations he tried to sell or trade a U.S. Senate seat appointment for his own gain. He is also accused of squeezing executives for donations to carry out state business. He denies any wrongdoing.
Last year, he was found guilty on only one of 24 charges against him. Jurors were hung on the other 23 charges.
Blagojevich was not in court on Tuesday. He has waived his appearance for minor consequences.
rod blagojevich, local
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Let's Dish: German Apple Pancakes
58 min ago