Blagojevich jurors send note to judge
June 14, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On their third day of deliberations, jurors in the corruption retrial of former governor Rod Blagojevich sent a note to Judge James Zagel.
They gave no hint as to whether or not they're close to a verdict.
The note involved a technical issue with the jurors' binders. They were reviewing a November 14, 2008 phone conversation that was secretly recorded by the FBI when it was discovered some jurors had four extra pages in the transcript, a part of the call that had not been played in court, in which Blagojevich and his brother, Robert Blagojevich, discussed fundraising efforts by supporters of Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior.
Judge Zagel called the issue "insignificant" and said those extra pages would be removed from the jurors' binders.
The jurors quit reading when they realized the discrepancy and went home for the day at 4 p.m., as planned. They will return Wednesday morning at 9.
Eleven women and one man will decide Blagojevich's fate.
Blagojevich faces 20 counts in this second corruption trial, including allegations he tried to sell or trade a U.S. Senate seat appointment for his own gain. He is also accused of squeezing executives for donations to carry out state business. He denies any wrongdoing.
Last year, he was found guilty on only one of 24 charges against him. Jurors were hung on the other 23 charges.
Blagojevich was not in court on Tuesday. He has waived his appearance for minor consequences.
rod blagojevich, local
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD