Chicago's Puerto Rican Day Parade turns 45
June 18, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Music, motorcycles and royalty were all a part of Saturday's Puerto Rican Day Parade.This is the 45th year for the event, which stepped off from Columbus and Balbo. It celebrates Puerto Rican culture and a lot of people turned out to show their pride.
ABC7 was among the groups with a float in the parade.
If you missed the parade, you can watch it at 11:30 a.m. Sunday on ABC7.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...