Blago jurors end 7th day of deliberations
June 21, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jurors deliberating the fate of Rod Blagojevich continue to sift through evidence in the former governor's corruption retrial.
The jury- made up of 11 women and one man- finished their seventh day of deliberations Tuesday. There is no indication of where they may be in the process. Given the duration of the trial, it is no surprise that they would go this long.
Last Thursday, the jury asked Judge James Zagel a substantial question in connection with the charges of wire fraud. They have not been heard from since. That could mean almost anything- that they reached an agreement there and moved on or they moved on without reaching an agreement. Or, they could still be working it out.
Jurors are mostly hidden from the media, deliberating away from the cameras and reporters behind closed doors on an upper floor at the Dirksen Federal Building. But they have been spotted at lunch in the cafeteria.
Blagojevich, 54, faces 20 counts of corruption, including allegations that he tried to sell or trade a U.S. Senate seat appointment and squeezed executives for campaign contributions. Blagojevich denies any wrongdoing.
Last year, Blagojevich was found guilty on one count- lying to the FBI- and jurors were hung on all 23 others. In that first corruption trial, the jury deliberated for 14 days.
rod blagojevich, local, jessica d'onofrio
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation