Emanuel, Arne Duncan endorse DREAM Act
June 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Education Secretary Arne Duncan are teaming up to endorse the National DREAM Act.
They will hold a joint conference call Monday afternoon a day before the senate holds its first hearing on the DREAM Act.
It would allow children of undocumented immigrants the opportunity to pursue higher education by serving in the U.S. military.
Joining them for a conference call today is Margaret Stock, a former professor at West Point.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed in crash after South Side carjacking 2 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 28 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash 39 min ago
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive 43 min ago
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos