Emanuel, Arne Duncan endorse DREAM Act
June 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Education Secretary Arne Duncan are teaming up to endorse the National DREAM Act.
They will hold a joint conference call Monday afternoon a day before the senate holds its first hearing on the DREAM Act.
It would allow children of undocumented immigrants the opportunity to pursue higher education by serving in the U.S. military.
Joining them for a conference call today is Margaret Stock, a former professor at West Point.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 1 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 42 min ago
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death 17 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 21 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos