Emanuel, Arne Duncan endorse DREAM Act
June 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Education Secretary Arne Duncan are teaming up to endorse the National DREAM Act.
They will hold a joint conference call Monday afternoon a day before the senate holds its first hearing on the DREAM Act.
It would allow children of undocumented immigrants the opportunity to pursue higher education by serving in the U.S. military.
Joining them for a conference call today is Margaret Stock, a former professor at West Point.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 8 min ago
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway 10 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 40 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale 21 min ago
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- Wilmette twins break Guinness world record
26 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos