Boeing 787 enters final phase of flight testing
June 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago-based Boeing says its new 787 is beginning the final phase of flight testing.
The plane should be ready for delivery in August or September.
The Boeing 787 is capable of carrying nearly 300 passengers, and has a flight range of 8,000 miles.
The jet received rave reviews from airline industry leaders this past week at an air show in Paris.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 8 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 21 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 42 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 36 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos