Boeing 787 enters final phase of flight testing
June 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago-based Boeing says its new 787 is beginning the final phase of flight testing.
The plane should be ready for delivery in August or September.
The Boeing 787 is capable of carrying nearly 300 passengers, and has a flight range of 8,000 miles.
The jet received rave reviews from airline industry leaders this past week at an air show in Paris.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 14 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 50 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 31 min ago
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 1 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 9 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- 7 in :77
16 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos