Traffic projects affect Madison, Ontario
July 5, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A couple of construction projects got under way Tuesday, changing the way Chicagoans get around downtown.
The first is the extension of the Wacker Drive project. Madison closes Tuesday over Wacker and will be shut down between Canal and Franklin. Also, the closures on Madison continue further south from Washington to Monroe. That configuration will remain in play through the rest of the year.
The Madison changes will affect not only vehicular traffic, but also, 19 CTA bus routes will have to detour around it.
More informations on those routes can be found at www.transitchicago.com.
Pedestrians walking from Ogilvie train station will need to detour, as well, by using either Monroe or Washington to get across the Chicago River. Madison will not be open to foot traffic.
A little farther north, a major resurfacing project is taking place on Ontario Street from State Street to Orleans. Two of four lanes of traffic will close for the duration of that project. It is expected to last one month and will cause back-ups for drivers trying to reach the Kennedy Expressway.
Pedestrian access to all buildings along Wacker will still be open.
local, roz varon
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion 41 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize 26 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 12 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
41 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
26 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
23 min ago