United honors traveler for flying 10 million miles
A business traveler from Chicago reached a rare milestone before landing at O'Hare International Airport.
United Airlines threw Tom Stuker a party upon his arrival. The automotive sales consultant is the first United passenger to travel 10 million miles in flight. The 57-year-old has taken some 5,962 flights on the airline.
As a tribute to their most-loyal frequent flyer, United put Stuker's name on one of its jumbo jets.
The distance represented by those 10 million flyer miles is roughly equal to 20 round trips to the moon.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 55 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 46 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 54 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
24 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos