5 face charges in fatal Maywood weekend shooting
July 14, 2011 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Five people have been charged in the fatal shooting a 17-year-old in suburban Maywood last weekend.
Demetrius Delacy was killed July 9 just steps from his home.
Eighteen-year-old Jerrod Crockett is being held on $2 million bond. Also charged are 17-year-old Lashon Bumpers, 17-year-old Darrius Ferguson, 20-year-old Cardell Fails and 17-year-old Michael Smith. They are being held on $1 million bond.
Authorities are not releasing a motive in the shooting.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 43 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- 7 in 77