26-foot Marilyn Monroe statue unveiled on Mag Mile
July 15, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The newest tourist attraction in Chicago is a 26-foot tall statue of Marilyn Monroe.
The sculpture was unveiled Friday morning on Michigan Avenue just north of the Chicago River. It shows Monroe during the iconic scene in "The Seven Year Itch" when a gust from a subway grate blows her skirt up. Viewers can see her lacy underwear.
Artist J. Seward Johnson created the super-sized sculpture. It will be on display until next spring.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push 50 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans 5 min ago