26-foot Marilyn Monroe statue unveiled on Mag Mile
July 15, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The newest tourist attraction in Chicago is a 26-foot tall statue of Marilyn Monroe.
The sculpture was unveiled Friday morning on Michigan Avenue just north of the Chicago River. It shows Monroe during the iconic scene in "The Seven Year Itch" when a gust from a subway grate blows her skirt up. Viewers can see her lacy underwear.
Artist J. Seward Johnson created the super-sized sculpture. It will be on display until next spring.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 3 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Office Depot move disappoints IL lawmakers 21 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen 30 min ago
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77