Keeping cool at Brookfield Zoo
July 20, 2011 (BROOKFIELD, Il.) (WLS) -- The animals at Brookfield Zoo are keeping cool with frozen treats and ice cubes.
The bears got ice blocked filled with juice, berries, peanuts and raisins while the lions feasted on ice filled with meat. The polar bears preferred raspberries and blueberries in their cold, enjoyed while taking a dip in their pool.
Zoo officials also added water misting equipment to the animals' exhibits. Many of the animals took long, cool baths.
brookfield zoo, local
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 27 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson 41 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 33 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake