Groupon to accept donations for CPS supplies
July 25, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- CPS is teaming up with Groupon to help needy kids with back-to-school supplies.
Beginning Tuesday, donors can use Groupon to pledge at least $12 for school supplies kits that include pencils, notebooks, rulers, erasers, glue, and storybooks.
Chicago Public Schools officials say they hope to distribute 6,000 kits produced by Kits for Kidz, a Woodridge organization that helps low-income families.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 22 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached 22 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Carla Hall from 'The Chew'
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos