Walmart Express opens in Chatham
July 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Walmart's first Chicago-area Express store opened up Wednesday on the city's South Side.
The 10,000 square foot store is at 83rd and South Holland Road. It has groceries, dry goods and a pharmacy.
The Express store is one-tenth the size of a Supercenter. It has no televisions, clothing, bakery, lawn and garden section or large furniture items. But shoppers can have those and other items shipped for free to the store or to their homes for a fee.
"I'm addicted to Walmart, so now I don't have to drive on the other side of town, said shopper Toya Faulkner.
Next spring the retailer plans to open a full sized Walmart Supercenter to join the Express store.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 53 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
53 min ago