Walmart Express opens in Chatham
July 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Walmart's first Chicago-area Express store opened up Wednesday on the city's South Side.
The 10,000 square foot store is at 83rd and South Holland Road. It has groceries, dry goods and a pharmacy.
The Express store is one-tenth the size of a Supercenter. It has no televisions, clothing, bakery, lawn and garden section or large furniture items. But shoppers can have those and other items shipped for free to the store or to their homes for a fee.
"I'm addicted to Walmart, so now I don't have to drive on the other side of town, said shopper Toya Faulkner.
Next spring the retailer plans to open a full sized Walmart Supercenter to join the Express store.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 37 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 7 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
54 min ago