New CPS head reorganizing 'fragmented' system
July 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The new head of Chicago Public Schools says he has begun reorganizing a management system he calls ''fragmented.''
Jean-Claude Brizard outlined his plan to the Board of Education Wednesday. The senior management team at CPS will be streamlined. Key responsibilities will be grouped together under individual executives, rather than fragmented across several different departments.
"The challenge that we face, of course, is monumental," Brizard said. "Reorganizing is just a means to an end."
Brizard says that "end" is giving teachers and school leaders the tools they need to educate students better.
chicago public schools, local
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 34 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago