New CPS head reorganizing 'fragmented' system
July 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The new head of Chicago Public Schools says he has begun reorganizing a management system he calls ''fragmented.''
Jean-Claude Brizard outlined his plan to the Board of Education Wednesday. The senior management team at CPS will be streamlined. Key responsibilities will be grouped together under individual executives, rather than fragmented across several different departments.
"The challenge that we face, of course, is monumental," Brizard said. "Reorganizing is just a means to an end."
Brizard says that "end" is giving teachers and school leaders the tools they need to educate students better.
chicago public schools, local
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation