HIV/AIDS housing facility opens on Far South Side
August 4, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Coast Guard came to the rescue of a swimmer on Chicago's North Shore.
The Alexian Brother Aids Ministry dedicated its new space today near 84th and Saginaw. A priest blessed the facility with holy water. It has 23 studio apartments, offices for counseling, meeting spaces and a computer learning center.
The Alexian Brothers Aids Ministry also offers transitional housing facilities in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood and north suburban Waukegan.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings 39 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages 46 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend 4 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears 36 min ago
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly 18 min ago
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied 10 min ago
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 8 min ago
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant... 3 min ago
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school...
39 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for...
46 min ago
- Chicago Teachers Union on CPS school closings
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos