HIV/AIDS housing facility opens on Far South Side
August 4, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Coast Guard came to the rescue of a swimmer on Chicago's North Shore.
The Alexian Brother Aids Ministry dedicated its new space today near 84th and Saginaw. A priest blessed the facility with holy water. It has 23 studio apartments, offices for counseling, meeting spaces and a computer learning center.
The Alexian Brothers Aids Ministry also offers transitional housing facilities in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood and north suburban Waukegan.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 7 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 45 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 37 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos