Details due on extending Metra BNSF line past Aurora
August 16, 2011 (OSWEGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- People who live in the far western suburbs will learn more Tuesday about Metra's plans to extend the Burlington Northern line.
That line currently ends in Aurora. Metra and political representatives are holding a news conference Tuesday to provide an update on the new station planned for Oswego. The Oswego station would become the last stop on the line.
Metra plans to build the station at what is now a parking lot on Station Drive off Orchard and Mills roads.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence 32 min ago
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County 38 min ago
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school 28 min ago
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos