Authorities comb landfill in search for missing IU student
August 16, 2011 (TERRE HAUTE, Ind.) (WLS) -- Authorities in Indiana are searching a landfill in Terre Haute for clues in the case of a missing Indiana University student.
20-year-old Lauren Spierer has been missing since June 3.
Volunteers have been searching the area near the university for two months.
Tuesday morning, a search centered on a landfill in the town of Pimento, just south of Terre Haute.
Authorities say the search for clues could take two weeks.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 35 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons 44 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos