Authorities comb landfill in search for missing IU student
August 16, 2011 (TERRE HAUTE, Ind.) (WLS) -- Authorities in Indiana are searching a landfill in Terre Haute for clues in the case of a missing Indiana University student.
20-year-old Lauren Spierer has been missing since June 3.
Volunteers have been searching the area near the university for two months.
Tuesday morning, a search centered on a landfill in the town of Pimento, just south of Terre Haute.
Authorities say the search for clues could take two weeks.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits