Authorities comb landfill in search for missing IU student
August 16, 2011 (TERRE HAUTE, Ind.) (WLS) -- Authorities in Indiana are searching a landfill in Terre Haute for clues in the case of a missing Indiana University student.
20-year-old Lauren Spierer has been missing since June 3.
Volunteers have been searching the area near the university for two months.
Tuesday morning, a search centered on a landfill in the town of Pimento, just south of Terre Haute.
Authorities say the search for clues could take two weeks.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 48 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Man shot in Lincoln Square 16 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos