Man charged with killing pregnant teen
August 21, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police charged a man late Sunday in the fatal shooting a pregnant teenager.
Timothy Jones, 18, of 6337 S. Rockwell St., was charged with one count of murder, police said.
Authorities said Jones was arrested at his home and was identified by witnesses as the person who killed Charinez Jefferson, 17, on Tuesday, August 16.
Jefferson, who was six months pregnant with a baby boy, was walking home from a corner store in Marquette Park when she stopped to talk to friends in the 3800-block of West 64th Street. Police say she was shot in the head and multiple times in the body.
Doctors were able to deliver her baby. He was in critical condition Sunday night at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Earlier Sunday evening, a anti-violence march was held in Englewood in Jefferson's honor.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 14 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 15 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 48 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 1 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos