7 arrested in Southwest Side marijuana bust
August 23, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have arrested seven suspects and seized more than six tons of marijuana in a major narcotics bust on the Southwest Side.
Officers displayed the narcotics in a police garage on Tuesday. Police estimate the pot has a street value of more than $33 million.
Police say, when a source told them a warehouse on South Kolmar was used in the operation, they staked out the warehouse and saw a semi trailer truck enter. They say metal containers filled with drugs were unloaded and put into cars.
In addition to arresting the suspects, police confiscated seven vehicles, a rifle, and a pistol.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials 9 min ago
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
28 min ago