Driver charged in bicyclist hit-and-run death
August 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is now charged in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ignacio Ramirez was drunk when he drove into Frederick Kobrick early Tuesday morning.
Kobrick was hit while riding his bicycle in the 1100-block of West 18th Street.
Ramirez is also accused of leaving the scene of the accident. Police found him a short time later just a few blocks away.
Ramirez is charged with aggravated DUI, reckless homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 7 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 32 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Holiday Shopping Tips from the BBB
5 min ago