Driver charged in bicyclist hit-and-run death
August 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is now charged in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ignacio Ramirez was drunk when he drove into Frederick Kobrick early Tuesday morning.
Kobrick was hit while riding his bicycle in the 1100-block of West 18th Street.
Ramirez is also accused of leaving the scene of the accident. Police found him a short time later just a few blocks away.
Ramirez is charged with aggravated DUI, reckless homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 58 min ago
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote 48 min ago
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
58 min ago
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos