Driver charged in bicyclist hit-and-run death
August 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is now charged in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ignacio Ramirez was drunk when he drove into Frederick Kobrick early Tuesday morning.
Kobrick was hit while riding his bicycle in the 1100-block of West 18th Street.
Ramirez is also accused of leaving the scene of the accident. Police found him a short time later just a few blocks away.
Ramirez is charged with aggravated DUI, reckless homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop 13 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler