Driver charged in bicyclist hit-and-run death
August 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is now charged in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ignacio Ramirez was drunk when he drove into Frederick Kobrick early Tuesday morning.
Kobrick was hit while riding his bicycle in the 1100-block of West 18th Street.
Ramirez is also accused of leaving the scene of the accident. Police found him a short time later just a few blocks away.
Ramirez is charged with aggravated DUI, reckless homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 39 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos