Driver charged in bicyclist hit-and-run death
August 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is now charged in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ignacio Ramirez was drunk when he drove into Frederick Kobrick early Tuesday morning.
Kobrick was hit while riding his bicycle in the 1100-block of West 18th Street.
Ramirez is also accused of leaving the scene of the accident. Police found him a short time later just a few blocks away.
Ramirez is charged with aggravated DUI, reckless homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 50 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 39 min ago
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death 14 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 18 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos