Soldiers welcomed home in Countryside
August 28, 2011 (COUNTRYSIDE, Ill.) (WLS) -- More than 125 Army reservists returned home and were reunited with their loved ones early Sunday.
Members of the 863rd Army Battalion arrived in suburban Countryside at about 2 a., after a 10-month tour in Afghanistan.
The soldiers were greeted with lots of hugs and kisses as they saw their families again.
One member said the unit had challenging days, but overall, it was a good experience.
Others said they were glad to be home.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos