Soldiers welcomed home in Countryside
August 28, 2011 (COUNTRYSIDE, Ill.) (WLS) -- More than 125 Army reservists returned home and were reunited with their loved ones early Sunday.
Members of the 863rd Army Battalion arrived in suburban Countryside at about 2 a., after a 10-month tour in Afghanistan.
The soldiers were greeted with lots of hugs and kisses as they saw their families again.
One member said the unit had challenging days, but overall, it was a good experience.
Others said they were glad to be home.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 3 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 30 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
42 min ago