Gas leak triggers Merrionette Park hazmat
August 31, 2011 (MERRIONETTE PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Minor evacuations were ordered for a short time early Wednesday in south suburban Merrionette Park after a gas leak triggered a level one hazmat situation.
A driver was reportedly was trying to back out a vehicle out of a driveway at 3129 Whipple, hit a gas meter and knocked it off the house, causing a leak. Chopper7HD flew over the scene and spotted the meter on the ground.
The hazmat was struck before 7 a.m., but emergency crews still reported to the scene as a precaution.
No injuries reported.
local, roz varon
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 17 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
11 min ago