Toddler fatally struck by car in Marquette Park
September 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A toddler was killed Wednesday night after darting into a street in the city's Marquette Park community.
The accident happened just two weeks before Jeremiah Griffin's second birthday.
Griffin died after being struck by a car in the 3000-block of West Columbus.
Relatives say the child ran out of the house and into the street before anyone could stop him.
Police say the driver stayed on the scene.
No charges have been filed against the driver.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos