Taste of Polonia celebrates heritage with food, music
September 2, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- You won't go hungry if you visit the Taste of Polonia - and there's non-stop music there to help you dance off the calories.
The Taste of Polonia is unde rway at the Copernicus Center.
Bands on five stages are playing rock, jazz, Motown hip-hop and, of course, polka music.
There is no shortage of polish food favorites: you can enjoy polska kielbasa, pierogi and potato pancakes and then wash it all down with a polish beer.
The Taste of Polonia runs through Monday.
Taste of Polonia
5216 W. Lawrence Ave.
(Lawrence & Milwaukee Aves.)
Friday: 5 - 11 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 12 - 11 p.m.
Monday: 12 - 10 p.m.
Children 12 and Younger: Free
Free Daily Cooking Classes:
2 - 6 p.m.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
13 min ago