Property owners can appeal tax assessment online
September 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most Cook County property owners can now appeal their tax bills online.
The website is free and open to all homeowners, but some commercial property owners will still have to file their paperwork in person at the board of review office.
The county says the ultimate goal is to switch to an entirely paperless system.
Officials say it will still take up to eight weeks for an appeal to go through the process.
For more information how to file an appeals assessment go to cookcountyboardofreview.com.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 29 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos