Property owners can appeal tax assessment online
September 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most Cook County property owners can now appeal their tax bills online.
The website is free and open to all homeowners, but some commercial property owners will still have to file their paperwork in person at the board of review office.
The county says the ultimate goal is to switch to an entirely paperless system.
Officials say it will still take up to eight weeks for an appeal to go through the process.
For more information how to file an appeals assessment go to cookcountyboardofreview.com.
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area 35 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 1 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January 31 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana 54 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 6 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 14 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Fans, former colleagues remember 'Superjock' Larry Lujack 3 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Free gift-wrapping service at O'Hare, Midway 52 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
6 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold...
31 min ago
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' actor Oscar Isaac
3 min ago