Property owners can appeal tax assessment online
September 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most Cook County property owners can now appeal their tax bills online.
The website is free and open to all homeowners, but some commercial property owners will still have to file their paperwork in person at the board of review office.
The county says the ultimate goal is to switch to an entirely paperless system.
Officials say it will still take up to eight weeks for an appeal to go through the process.
For more information how to file an appeals assessment go to cookcountyboardofreview.com.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 46 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up 33 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation 28 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
46 min ago
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago...
34 min ago