Property owners can appeal tax assessment online
September 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most Cook County property owners can now appeal their tax bills online.
The website is free and open to all homeowners, but some commercial property owners will still have to file their paperwork in person at the board of review office.
The county says the ultimate goal is to switch to an entirely paperless system.
Officials say it will still take up to eight weeks for an appeal to go through the process.
For more information how to file an appeals assessment go to cookcountyboardofreview.com.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos