Property owners can appeal tax assessment online
September 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most Cook County property owners can now appeal their tax bills online.
The website is free and open to all homeowners, but some commercial property owners will still have to file their paperwork in person at the board of review office.
The county says the ultimate goal is to switch to an entirely paperless system.
Officials say it will still take up to eight weeks for an appeal to go through the process.
For more information how to file an appeals assessment go to cookcountyboardofreview.com.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 57 min ago
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence 45 min ago
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County 51 min ago
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school 41 min ago
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
57 min ago
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos