CPS attendance on 1st day up this year
Sept. 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Attendance at Chicago Public Schools on the first day of classes was the highest in four years, according to school officials.
Attendance was nearly 95 percent Tuesday. That's up from almost 93 percent last year.
Officials credit an aggressive back to school campaign.
chicago public schools, local
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 5 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man 33 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
5 min ago