Report: Chicago has 3rd 'least painful' commute
September 8, 2011 (WLS) -- Based on emotional and economic tolls caused by traffic congestion, Chicago ranks No. 3 among the world's least painful urban areas for commuting.IBM surveyed drivers in 20 cities on six continents. Only 19 percent of Chicago-area commuters said their performance at work or school has been compromised due to traffic over the past year.
Other cities had averages of 43 percent. In Beijing, 86 percent said road problems negatively affect their lives.
Montreal drivers had the least painful commute. The most painful experiences were reported in Mexico City.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 59 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 44 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches 13 min ago
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos