Report: Chicago has 3rd 'least painful' commute
September 8, 2011 (WLS) -- Based on emotional and economic tolls caused by traffic congestion, Chicago ranks No. 3 among the world's least painful urban areas for commuting.IBM surveyed drivers in 20 cities on six continents. Only 19 percent of Chicago-area commuters said their performance at work or school has been compromised due to traffic over the past year.
Other cities had averages of 43 percent. In Beijing, 86 percent said road problems negatively affect their lives.
Montreal drivers had the least painful commute. The most painful experiences were reported in Mexico City.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building 11 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment 1 min ago
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park 4 min ago
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55 2 min ago
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft 31 min ago
- Mayor to create grocery store task force 1 min ago
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace...
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos