12,000-lb. chocolate bar setting record on SW Side
September 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The World's Finest Chocolate Company has created the world's largest chocolate bar.
A sneak peek revealed the 12,000-pound bar at the company's Southwest Side headquarters Tuesday morning.
After it's presented to a Guinness World Records judge, the bar will tour the country.
The bar is 3 feet high and 21 feet long
To make the world's largest chocolate bar, World's Finest Chocolate used:
- 1,200 pounds of almonds
- 5,500 pounds of sugar
- 2,000 pounds of milk powder
- 1,700 pounds of cocoa butter
- 1,400 pounds of chocolate liquor
The bar contains 209,000 1 oz. servings -- enough for every fan in Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, United Center and U.S. Cellular Field -- and still have 45,000 servings leftover.
The previous record was held by an Armenian company for a bar that weighed 9,722 pounds.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77