12,000-lb. chocolate bar setting record on SW Side
September 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The World's Finest Chocolate Company has created the world's largest chocolate bar.
A sneak peek revealed the 12,000-pound bar at the company's Southwest Side headquarters Tuesday morning.
After it's presented to a Guinness World Records judge, the bar will tour the country.
The bar is 3 feet high and 21 feet long
To make the world's largest chocolate bar, World's Finest Chocolate used:
- 1,200 pounds of almonds
- 5,500 pounds of sugar
- 2,000 pounds of milk powder
- 1,700 pounds of cocoa butter
- 1,400 pounds of chocolate liquor
The bar contains 209,000 1 oz. servings -- enough for every fan in Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, United Center and U.S. Cellular Field -- and still have 45,000 servings leftover.
The previous record was held by an Armenian company for a bar that weighed 9,722 pounds.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas