12,000-lb. chocolate bar setting record on SW Side
September 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The World's Finest Chocolate Company has created the world's largest chocolate bar.
A sneak peek revealed the 12,000-pound bar at the company's Southwest Side headquarters Tuesday morning.
After it's presented to a Guinness World Records judge, the bar will tour the country.
The bar is 3 feet high and 21 feet long
To make the world's largest chocolate bar, World's Finest Chocolate used:
- 1,200 pounds of almonds
- 5,500 pounds of sugar
- 2,000 pounds of milk powder
- 1,700 pounds of cocoa butter
- 1,400 pounds of chocolate liquor
The bar contains 209,000 1 oz. servings -- enough for every fan in Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, United Center and U.S. Cellular Field -- and still have 45,000 servings leftover.
The previous record was held by an Armenian company for a bar that weighed 9,722 pounds.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 1 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 50 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child 18 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos