12,000-lb. chocolate bar setting record on SW Side
September 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The World's Finest Chocolate Company has created the world's largest chocolate bar.
A sneak peek revealed the 12,000-pound bar at the company's Southwest Side headquarters Tuesday morning.
After it's presented to a Guinness World Records judge, the bar will tour the country.
The bar is 3 feet high and 21 feet long
To make the world's largest chocolate bar, World's Finest Chocolate used:
- 1,200 pounds of almonds
- 5,500 pounds of sugar
- 2,000 pounds of milk powder
- 1,700 pounds of cocoa butter
- 1,400 pounds of chocolate liquor
The bar contains 209,000 1 oz. servings -- enough for every fan in Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, United Center and U.S. Cellular Field -- and still have 45,000 servings leftover.
The previous record was held by an Armenian company for a bar that weighed 9,722 pounds.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 40 min ago
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2 57 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 2 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
40 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 2
57 min ago