Four women beat, rob elderly man
September 15, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are searching for four women who beat, robbed and carjacked an 80-year-old man.
Wilbert Allen, a retired Chicago police detective, was driving home early Wednesday evening after running some errands when he said four women in their 20s carjacked him on King and 71st.
Police say the women brought Allen to an alley near the 6900-block of South Parnell. Officials said the women used pepper spray on Allen, beat him with his own cane and pulled him out of the vehicle.They left him there
Allen said Thursday morning he could barely walk and has to keep his eyes closed because he can still feel the burn of the pepper spray.
"They struck me in the head several times," Allen said. "They drug me out of the car two on each side . . . Two had one leg, two had another.
"I want to put them in jail. I want to catch them."
Allen said the women stole his money, wallet, keys and police badge before taking off with his 1999 beige Toyota Camry, leaving him in the alley. A neighbor called 9-1-1 and Allen was taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, where he was treated and released Thursday.
"Left in an alley . . . That's sad," said Allen's son-in-law Joseph Brown. "I just thank God they didn't leave him for dead."
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 53 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 41 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77