Four women beat, rob elderly man
September 15, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are searching for four women who beat, robbed and carjacked an 80-year-old man.
Wilbert Allen, a retired Chicago police detective, was driving home early Wednesday evening after running some errands when he said four women in their 20s carjacked him on King and 71st.
Police say the women brought Allen to an alley near the 6900-block of South Parnell. Officials said the women used pepper spray on Allen, beat him with his own cane and pulled him out of the vehicle.They left him there
Allen said Thursday morning he could barely walk and has to keep his eyes closed because he can still feel the burn of the pepper spray.
"They struck me in the head several times," Allen said. "They drug me out of the car two on each side . . . Two had one leg, two had another.
"I want to put them in jail. I want to catch them."
Allen said the women stole his money, wallet, keys and police badge before taking off with his 1999 beige Toyota Camry, leaving him in the alley. A neighbor called 9-1-1 and Allen was taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, where he was treated and released Thursday.
"Left in an alley . . . That's sad," said Allen's son-in-law Joseph Brown. "I just thank God they didn't leave him for dead."
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 33 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 58 min ago
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 13 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
33 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
58 min ago