Marine welcomed home in Morton Grove
September 22, 2011 (MORTON GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Chicago-area marine got a warm welcome home Thursday night after wrapping up five years in the service.
Alex Brown made an emotional return to Morton Grove. After visiting his family, he headed to the American Legion post.
Morton Grove's mayor declared it Alex Brown Day in the community.
"It really lets me know that people notice what I've done overseas," said Brown. "It makes me feel like I'm recognized."
Brown says after serving in Afghanistan and Iraq, he's looking forward to getting a job and going back to school.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later 27 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot 42 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave 20 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
27 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos