Marilyn Monroe statue vandalized for 2nd time
September 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Marilyn Monroe statue on Michigan Avenue has been vandalized again.
Chicago police say two men on bicycles rode up to work of art in pioneer court about 4 a.m. Tuesday and threw red paint on the statue.
This is the second time in the past month that the 26-foot tall statue of the Hollywood icon has been vandalized. In late August, someone scrawled graffiti on the statue's right leg.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 2 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 22 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 53 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 47 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos