Marilyn Monroe statue vandalized for 2nd time
September 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Marilyn Monroe statue on Michigan Avenue has been vandalized again.
Chicago police say two men on bicycles rode up to work of art in pioneer court about 4 a.m. Tuesday and threw red paint on the statue.
This is the second time in the past month that the 26-foot tall statue of the Hollywood icon has been vandalized. In late August, someone scrawled graffiti on the statue's right leg.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 53 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of...
53 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane had Iranian asylum...
56 min ago