Marilyn Monroe statue vandalized for 2nd time
September 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Marilyn Monroe statue on Michigan Avenue has been vandalized again.
Chicago police say two men on bicycles rode up to work of art in pioneer court about 4 a.m. Tuesday and threw red paint on the statue.
This is the second time in the past month that the 26-foot tall statue of the Hollywood icon has been vandalized. In late August, someone scrawled graffiti on the statue's right leg.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps 57 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game 27 min ago
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
57 min ago