911 tapes detail fight between senator and husband
September 28, 2011 (LAKE VILLA) (WLS) -- Lake County authorities have released 911 calls of an incident that's being called "mutual combat" between an Illinois state senator and her husband.
The senator is freshman Republican Suzanne Schmidt of Lake Villa.
Monday was the second time in six weeks police responded to a call of domestic battery at her Lake Villa home.
The first call came from Robert Schmidt, where he said to a dispatcher, "We were arguing and then she just started coming at me, and swinging and scratching at my face, and then when I tried to fight her off, she me on the arm and I kept on trying to fight her."
The senator called back a minute later and said, "If he calls you, Bob Schmidt, you can ignore him. Of course, I just caught him with another woman, so that's why I'm a little upset."
The couple has been married for 31 years. Each reported being hit by the other, but no charges were filed.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos