Traffic, CTA affected by Chicago Marathon
October 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Parking restrictions, street closures and CTA bus reroutes will take effect on Sunday during the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
The race starts at 7:30 a.m. at Columbus and Monroe.
Parking restrictions will be in effect along the course beginning early Sunday morning, according to the Office of Emergency Management & Communications. The race route extends north to Addison Street, west to Damen Avenue and south to 35th Street.
Street closures along the route will occur between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., and city streets will begin to re-open as the final runners proceed.
Due to street closures, multiple CTA bus routes will be rerouted intermittently during the weekend. For CTA service, reroutes and fares, visit www.transitchicago.com.
For additional information about the marathon, visit www.chicagomarathon.com.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 35 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos