Traffic, CTA affected by Chicago Marathon
October 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Parking restrictions, street closures and CTA bus reroutes will take effect on Sunday during the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
The race starts at 7:30 a.m. at Columbus and Monroe.
Parking restrictions will be in effect along the course beginning early Sunday morning, according to the Office of Emergency Management & Communications. The race route extends north to Addison Street, west to Damen Avenue and south to 35th Street.
Street closures along the route will occur between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., and city streets will begin to re-open as the final runners proceed.
Due to street closures, multiple CTA bus routes will be rerouted intermittently during the weekend. For CTA service, reroutes and fares, visit www.transitchicago.com.
For additional information about the marathon, visit www.chicagomarathon.com.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 51 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD