Report: 'Taste' time could be cut in half
October 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Big changes are coming to the Taste of Chicago.
In an effort to cut down on spending, increase attendance and control acts of violence, city officials are moving forward with a plan to retool the summer festival.
According to published reports, the number of days the Taste runs coud be cut in half.
Officials said they are also considering making the Taste more "upscale and family friendly."
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop 20 min ago
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 34 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect sought by FBI
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Making Your Own Candy Canes
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area