Report: 'Taste' time could be cut in half
October 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Big changes are coming to the Taste of Chicago.
In an effort to cut down on spending, increase attendance and control acts of violence, city officials are moving forward with a plan to retool the summer festival.
According to published reports, the number of days the Taste runs coud be cut in half.
Officials said they are also considering making the Taste more "upscale and family friendly."
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap