Amtrak passenger busted with 45 pounds of pot
October 15, 2011 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Florida teenager was arrested and charged after police say he carried 45 pounds of marijuana off an Amtrak train in Naperville.
Sergio Sanchez, 17, of Orlando, is being held in DuPage County jail on $250,000 bail. Police say a drug-sniffing dog began barking at Sanchez as he left the train in the west suburb.
They say they searched his backpack and suitcases and found the pot. He's charged with a felony drug offense. If convicted he faces six to 30 years in prison.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 15 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 42 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos