Amtrak passenger busted with 45 pounds of pot
October 15, 2011 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Florida teenager was arrested and charged after police say he carried 45 pounds of marijuana off an Amtrak train in Naperville.
Sergio Sanchez, 17, of Orlando, is being held in DuPage County jail on $250,000 bail. Police say a drug-sniffing dog began barking at Sanchez as he left the train in the west suburb.
They say they searched his backpack and suitcases and found the pot. He's charged with a felony drug offense. If convicted he faces six to 30 years in prison.
- South Korea ferry sinks; 292 missing, at least 3 dead 6 min ago
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later 23 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 42 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand