Amtrak passenger busted with 45 pounds of pot
October 15, 2011 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Florida teenager was arrested and charged after police say he carried 45 pounds of marijuana off an Amtrak train in Naperville.
Sergio Sanchez, 17, of Orlando, is being held in DuPage County jail on $250,000 bail. Police say a drug-sniffing dog began barking at Sanchez as he left the train in the west suburb.
They say they searched his backpack and suitcases and found the pot. He's charged with a felony drug offense. If convicted he faces six to 30 years in prison.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- 7 in :77