Michelle Obama to talk about obesity in Chicago next week
October 20, 2011 (WLS) -- First Lady Michelle Obama will be in Chicago next week to talk about her campaign to end childhood obesity.
She will come to her hometown on Tuesday to meet with mayors from around the country at a Walgreens that was expanded to include groceries.
The mayors will be in Chicago for a summit on food accessibility.
Mrs. Obama has said healthy, affordable and accessible food is part of ending childhood obesity. She will also visit Iron Street Urban Farms on Chicago's South Side with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
michelle obama, local
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend 34 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos