Jesse Jackson Jr. says private sector hoarding $2.5 trillion
October 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. says the most effective and efficient way to reduce unemployment is for Washington to hire the jobless.
The nine-term Chicago Democrat told the Rainbow PUSH Coalition Saturday that Republicans are wrong when they call the federal government the problem, not the solution.
Jackson said business is not hiring.
"Giving them more tax breaks and more incentives to do what they are not doing is ridiculous. The fastest and most efficient way to hire, and put the American people to work, is for a government of, for, and by the people to hire the unemployed," Jackson said.
He said the private sector won't hire while it hoards $2.5 trillion.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday 5 min ago
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC 32 min ago
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing 22 min ago
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes 34 min ago
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody...
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77