Jesse Jackson Jr. says private sector hoarding $2.5 trillion
October 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. says the most effective and efficient way to reduce unemployment is for Washington to hire the jobless.
The nine-term Chicago Democrat told the Rainbow PUSH Coalition Saturday that Republicans are wrong when they call the federal government the problem, not the solution.
Jackson said business is not hiring.
"Giving them more tax breaks and more incentives to do what they are not doing is ridiculous. The fastest and most efficient way to hire, and put the American people to work, is for a government of, for, and by the people to hire the unemployed," Jackson said.
He said the private sector won't hire while it hoards $2.5 trillion.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds