Jesse Jackson Jr. says private sector hoarding $2.5 trillion
October 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. says the most effective and efficient way to reduce unemployment is for Washington to hire the jobless.
The nine-term Chicago Democrat told the Rainbow PUSH Coalition Saturday that Republicans are wrong when they call the federal government the problem, not the solution.
Jackson said business is not hiring.
"Giving them more tax breaks and more incentives to do what they are not doing is ridiculous. The fastest and most efficient way to hire, and put the American people to work, is for a government of, for, and by the people to hire the unemployed," Jackson said.
He said the private sector won't hire while it hoards $2.5 trillion.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 38 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 28 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 To Go, December 11, 2013
49 min ago