Person once believed a victim of Gacy alive
October 26, 2011 (WLS) -- A man thought to be one of John Wayne Gacy's victims has been located in Florida.
According to ABC7 Chicago news partner Daily Herald, family members last heard from Harold Wayne Lovell about 33 years ago.
He told family members he was heading to Aurora for a construction job. He never returned and his family thought he had probably crossed paths with Gacy.
Instead, Lovell left home because of a battle with his stepfather.
Family members stumbled across the fact he was alive when they were getting ready to submit a DNA sample.
Earlier this month, the Cook County Sheriff's Office opened a probe into the eight remaining unidentified Gacy victims.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs 43 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 53 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 22 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons 17 min ago
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
43 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
53 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos