Person once believed a victim of Gacy alive
October 26, 2011 (WLS) -- A man thought to be one of John Wayne Gacy's victims has been located in Florida.
According to ABC7 Chicago news partner Daily Herald, family members last heard from Harold Wayne Lovell about 33 years ago.
He told family members he was heading to Aurora for a construction job. He never returned and his family thought he had probably crossed paths with Gacy.
Instead, Lovell left home because of a battle with his stepfather.
Family members stumbled across the fact he was alive when they were getting ready to submit a DNA sample.
Earlier this month, the Cook County Sheriff's Office opened a probe into the eight remaining unidentified Gacy victims.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos