Ill. Senator Schmidt says she won't run again
October 31, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Republican State Senator Suzi Schmidt has announced she will not seek re-election in the wake of the fallout from a domestic disturbance.
Last December Schmidt called 911 following an incident with his husband. she implored a dispatcher not to respond to her husband if he called police. Initially Schmidt refused to step down.
Monday she released a written statement saying, "I am grateful for the outpouring of support. However, at this point in my life, my personal life and my family are my priority, and I hope to dedicate more of my time with them in the coming months and years. Therefore, I will not be a candidate for re-election in 2012."
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 53 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 29 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
29 min ago