911 tapes released in Skokie mother-daughter murder
November 1, 2011 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police have released tapes of the dramatic 911 call from the home where a Skokie man is accused of stabbing to death his 18-year-old daughter and her 27-month-old child.
It happened last Wednesday in the 4600-block of Main Street.
Investigators say Miguel Renteria called 911 to report that he had stabbed Cynthia Renteria and her infant daughter. When officers got to the home they discovered their bodies on the living room floor.
CALLER: "My granddaughter and my daughter are dead."
911: "They're dead?"
911: "What do you mean they're dead? How are they dead?"
CALLER: "I killed them."
911: "You killed them?"
911: "Why did this happen? Was there a fight? What was going on?"
CALLER: "I'll explain it to you when you get here."
Miguel Renteria is charged with the murders.
Police have not released a motive in the crime.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking