911 tapes released in Skokie mother-daughter murder
November 1, 2011 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police have released tapes of the dramatic 911 call from the home where a Skokie man is accused of stabbing to death his 18-year-old daughter and her 27-month-old child.
It happened last Wednesday in the 4600-block of Main Street.
Investigators say Miguel Renteria called 911 to report that he had stabbed Cynthia Renteria and her infant daughter. When officers got to the home they discovered their bodies on the living room floor.
CALLER: "My granddaughter and my daughter are dead."
911: "They're dead?"
911: "What do you mean they're dead? How are they dead?"
CALLER: "I killed them."
911: "You killed them?"
911: "Why did this happen? Was there a fight? What was going on?"
CALLER: "I'll explain it to you when you get here."
Miguel Renteria is charged with the murders.
Police have not released a motive in the crime.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos