Religious leaders ask mayor to protect protesters
November 2, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Several leaders from the Jewish and Christian communities delivered a petition Wednesday, asking Mayor Rahm Emanuel to prevent any violence against Occupy Chicago protesters.
A member of the mayor's staff accepted the petition.
The efforts of the clergy members here are part of a national campaign to denounce violence against some occupy groups, particularly in Oakland, Calif.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...