Religious leaders ask mayor to protect protesters
November 2, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Several leaders from the Jewish and Christian communities delivered a petition Wednesday, asking Mayor Rahm Emanuel to prevent any violence against Occupy Chicago protesters.
A member of the mayor's staff accepted the petition.
The efforts of the clergy members here are part of a national campaign to denounce violence against some occupy groups, particularly in Oakland, Calif.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus