CHA to open green North Side senior apartments
November 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Housing Authority is set to open an environment-friendly senior apartment building.
The renovated Ralph Pomeroy Senior Apartments will open Tuesday on the city's North Side.
The CHA bought the building in 2006. It was closed for renovations that include a geothermal system, roof and courtyard terraces, solar thermal panels and a green roof.
The building will have 104, one-bedroom public housing units.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 16 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 30 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake