CHA to open green North Side senior apartments
November 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Housing Authority is set to open an environment-friendly senior apartment building.
The renovated Ralph Pomeroy Senior Apartments will open Tuesday on the city's North Side.
The CHA bought the building in 2006. It was closed for renovations that include a geothermal system, roof and courtyard terraces, solar thermal panels and a green roof.
The building will have 104, one-bedroom public housing units.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 26 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 51 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
8 min ago
- Holiday Shopping Tips from the BBB
24 min ago