Chicago theaters to salute Maggie Daley
November 26, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Theaters across Chicago will honor former First Lady Maggie Daley by turning off marquee lights for two minutes Sunday.
The lights will be turned off at the beginning of her wake, which starts at noon at the Chicago Cultural Center. The marquees will then be turned back on with the lights aglow through the end of her wake at 10 p.m.
"The Chicago theatre community is deeply saddened to have lost Maggie Daley, a true champion for the arts and culture in Chicago," said Deb Clapp, executive director of the League of Chicago Theatres. "Her tireless work has impacted countless people."
Among the participating theaters include Broadway in Chicago's Cadillac Palace Theatre, Broadway Playhouse, Oriental Theatre and Bank of America Theatre, the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, the Chicago Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Goodman Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Northlight Theatre, Lookingglass Theatre, Victory Gardnes Theater and The Second City.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 48 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 44 min ago
- ABC7 to Go 3-14-14
11 min ago