Chicago teens pay tribute to Maggie Daley
November 30, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six days after the death of Maggie Daley, she was on the minds of some very talented teenagers.
More than 100 Chicago teens who have taken part in the After School Matters program got to perform at the Museum of Contemporary Art. The former first lady of Chicago founded the program.
"We lost a champion of this entire program. She fought harder than anyone to keep arts going in the city," said Tanji Harper, After School Matters instructor.
All of the performers trained during this fall's session of the After School Matters program.
maggie daley, local
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 33 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 51 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 11 min ago
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp 2 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 42 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 2 min ago
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- UCP Seguin 1 year after merger
26 min ago
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
29 min ago